Dear STO family,
Our community has been through a lot over the past two years, and we are so proud of our team and can’t thank you all enough for your support!
The health and safety of our patients, team and community have always been and continue to be our #1 priority. We have been closely monitoring all of the most current recommendations of how to keep our patients safe for all of their in-office visits. These measures take into account all of the latest recommendations from the regulatory bodies and public health.
As regulated health professionals, our STO clinics remain OPEN and we continue to provide care for current patients and we also welcome new patients.
Here are some examples of what to expect at your appointments:
Before your appointment:
- We will be pre-screening all patients for symptoms of Covid-19. We ask that any patients who answer Yes for any of the questions below to reschedule their appointment.
- To reduce paper copies (for example for health forms or financial contracts), we may use online or email forms and ask that they be returned electronically prior to your appointment if possible.
- Please brush your teeth at home, prior to your appointment.
Ontario Ministry of Health Screening:
Q1: Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and / or aged 11 or younger?
Q2: In the last 14 days have you been directed by a border agent to comply with federal quarantine requirements due to international travel?
Q3: In the last 5 days (if fully vaccinated) / 10 days (if unvaccinated or immunocompromised), have you experienced any of these symptoms?
• Fever and/or chills • Cough or barking cough • Shortness of breath • Decrease or loss of taste or smell • Muscle aches/joint pain • Extreme tiredness • Sore throat • Runny or stuffy/congested nose • Headache • Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
Q4: Do any of the following apply? • You live with someone who is currently isolating because of a positive COVID-19 test • You live with someone who is currently isolating because of COVID-19 symptoms • You live with someone who is isolating while waiting for COVID-19 test results
Q5: In the last 5 days (if fully vaccinated)/ 10 days (if unvaccinated or immunocompromised), have you tested positive on a rapid antigen test, molecular test, or home-based self-testing kit?
Q6: Has a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit told you that you should currently be isolating (staying at home)?
At the time of your appointment:
- You will be greeted and screened at the door prior to your appointment.
- Administrative tasks will be done over the phone, text messaging or email, where possible. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or to let us know how we can help you.
Physical changes you will notice to our space:
- We have placed plexiglass dividers at administrative desks.
- We have added more air purification units throughout the office, in addition to the systems we already had in place.
We thank you all for your support during this time. Our practice would not exist without our amazing patients, and we are so grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unprecedented times. The safety of our patients, our team and our community is always our priority. We maintain our commitment to you to deliver the highest quality of orthodontic care in a friendly and welcoming environment. We look forward to seeing you all.
The Team at STO Orthodontists