Updated April 8, 2021
Dear STO family,
Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and we are so proud of our team and community for coming together (by staying apart!) We are pleased to report that our re-entry into our regular procedures has been very smooth, thanks to the hard work of our entire team and the support of our community. We can’t thank you enough!
The health and safety of our patients, team and community have always been and continue to be our #1 priority. We have been closely monitoring all of the most current recommendations of how to keep our patients safe for all of their in-office visits. These measures take into account all of the latest recommendations from the regulatory bodies and take physical distancing into account in order to minimize the number of people in our office at any one time, as well as person-to-person contact.
As regulated health professionals, the recent provincial restrictions do not affect us. STO clinics remain OPEN. All upcoming appointments for current and new patients are STILL SCHEDULED.
Here are some examples of what to expect at your appointments:
Before your appointment:
- We will be pre-screening all patients for symptoms of Covid-19. We ask that any patients who answer Yes for any of the questions below to reschedule their appointment.
Ontario Ministry of Health Screening:
Q1: Close contact with anyone with acute respiratory Illness or travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
Q2: Have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 without wearing appropriate PPE?
Q3: Any of the following symptoms: •Fever •New onset of cough •Worsening chronic cough •Shortness of breath •Difficulty
swallowing •Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell •Chills •Headaches •Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias) •Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain •Pink eye (conjunctivitis) •Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
- To reduce paper copies (for example for health forms or financial contracts), we may use online or email forms and ask that they be returned electronically prior to your appointment if possible.
- Please brush your teeth at home, prior to your appointment.
- Everyone entering the office must wear a mask.
At the time of your appointment:
- Please arrive on time, between 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time
- Before you enter the office, please text us (or scan the QR code at the Town Centre entrance to message us) to let us know you have arrived. We will message you to invite you in.
- Minimize office traffic where possible. Patients can attend by themselves and will be well-cared for. Younger children can be accompanied by one caregiver but we ask that siblings without an appointment do not join.
- You will be greeted and screened at the door prior to your appointment. A contact free thermometer and sanitizer will be provided. Anyone with Covid-19 symptoms or a temperature >38°C will be rescheduled.
- Please avoid eating/drinking anything hot or cold and avoid running/exercise for 15 minutes before arriving as that may falsely affect your temperature reading.
- Patients will be seen by appointment only. Walk in appointments will not be accommodated, please call us in advance (416.283.6476) if you need us.
- Updates can be given to parents/caregivers following appointments and future appointments may be scheduled over the phone or via email rather than in person.
Changes to appointments:
- Some of our appointments can and therefore will remain virtual or by telephone in an effort to reduce the number of patients in the office. Alternatively, our doctors may recommend some appointments should be deferred until a later date.
- If there is any change to your appointment, our office will contact you directly.
- Administrative tasks will be done over the phone or email, where possible. Please email us at email@example.com if you have questions or to let us know how we can help you.
Physical changes you will notice to our space:
- We have placed plexiglass dividers at administrative desks.
- For physical distancing, we have reduced in number and spread out the chairs in the reception area. Please note the reception area is reserved for a patient (and their guardian) prior to moving into the clinic, and otherwise the reception area will remain empty.
- We have added air purification units throughout the office, in addition to the systems we already had in place.
- We have disconnected our patient check-in screens, as well as the games in the reception area.
- Magazines have been removed from the reception area, and the beverage station will not be available.
- Our toothbrushing stations have been converted to hand washing stations. Please brush your teeth at home, prior to your appointment.
We thank you all for your support during this time. Our practice would not exist without our amazing patients, and we are so grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unprecedented times. The safety of our patients, our team and our community is always our top priority. We maintain our commitment to you to deliver the highest quality of orthodontic care in a friendly and welcoming environment. We look forward to seeing you all again soon, even if you don’t recognize us under all of our masks and gowns!
The Team at STO Orthodontists