Updated June 2, 2020
Our offices are now REOPENED!
The health and safety of our patients, team and community have always been and continue to be our #1 priority. We have been closely monitoring all of the most current recommendations of how to keep our patients safe when we reopen for our in-office visits. These measures take into account all of the latest guidelines from the regulatory bodies and take physical distancing into account in order to minimize the number of people in our office at any one time, as well as person-to-person contact.
- Unfortunately, all STO patients have had their appointments cancelled over this time and you are all very important to us. We will contact you to reschedule your appointment based on the most urgent need and a first-cancelled first-scheduled basis.
- We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through rescheduling all the appointments. We promise we will contact you as soon as we can.
- Some of our appointments can and will remain VIRTUAL in an effort to promote physical distancing in the office.
- Administrative tasks will be done over the phone or text or email, where possible. Please email us at email@example.com if you have questions pertaining to your treatment.
Here are examples of what to expect at your next in-office visit:
• Prescreening of all patients for symptoms of Covid-19. We ask that any patients who answer Yes for any of the questions below to reschedule their appointment.
Ontario Ministry of Health Screening:
Q1: Close contact with anyone with acute respiratory Illness or travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
Q2: Have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
Q3: Any of the following symptoms: •Fever •New onset of cough •Worsening chronic cough •Shortness of breath •Difficulty breathing •Sore throat •Difficulty swallowing •Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell •Chills •Headaches •Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias) •Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain •Pink eye (conjunctivitis) •Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
• To reduce paper copies (for example for health forms or financial contracts), we may use online or email forms and ask that they be returned electronically prior to your appointment if possible.
• Please brush your teeth at home, prior to your appointment.
• Please wear a mask to your appointment if you have one.
At the time of your appointment:
• Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow for in person screening measures.
• Before you enter the office, please text us (or scan the QR code at the Town Centre entrance to message us) to let us know you have arrived. We will message you to invite you in.
• Minimize office traffic where possible. Patients can attend by themselves and will be well cared for. Younger children may be accompanied by one caregiver but we ask that siblings without an appointment not to join.
• You will be greeted and screened at the door prior to your appointment, according to the Ontario Ministry of Health Screening questions already listed above. A contact free thermometer and hand sanitizer will be used. Anyone with Covid-19 symptoms or a temperature >38°C will be rescheduled.
• Please avoid eating/drinking anything hot or cold and avoid running/exercise for 15 minutes before arriving as that may falsely affect your temperature reading.
Physical changes you will notice to our space:
• We have placed plexiglass dividers at administrative desks.
• For physical distancing, we have reduced in number and spread out the chairs in the reception area. Please note the reception room is reserved for a patient (and their guardian) prior to moving into the clinic, and otherwise the reception area will remain empty.
• We will be adding more air purification units throughout the office, in addition to the systems we already had in place.
• We have disconnected our patient check-in screens, as well as the games in the reception area.
• Magazines have been removed from the reception area, and the beverage station will not be available.
• Our washrooms will be reserved for emergency basis only
• Our toothbrushing stations have been converted to hand washing stations. Please brush your teeth at home, prior to your appointment.
We thank you all for your support during this time. Our practice would not exist without our amazing patients, and we are so grateful for every one of you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unprecedented times. The safety of our patients, our team and our community is always our top priority. We maintain our commitment to you to deliver the highest quality of orthodontic care in a friendly and welcoming environment. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!
The Team at STO Orthodontists
Updated May 6, 2020
Dear STO Family,
We hope that you and your family are all healthy and well. We wanted to reach out and keep you informed about what is happening at our practice. Although our offices remain temporarily physically closed, we have been able to “see” many of you virtually to answer your questions. It has been the highlight of our days to get to communicate with so many of you – thank you for trusting us during these times of uncertainty!
As a team, we have grown even closer although physically apart. We still have team meetings through videoconference, and every single department at STO Orthodontists is working hard to be even stronger than we were before! We miss seeing everyone, but we know that we will be better because of this.
With expected in-office capacity limitations from our regulatory bodies once we are permitted to re-open gradually in stages, we anticipate that going forward we will continue to see some patients virtually from the comfort of their homes. There are certain types of appointments that are best suited for virtual visits, isn’t that exciting? We are also very excited at the thought of re-opening after our local governing bodies give us the go ahead.
Our goal at STO is to ensure the safety and protection of each of you, our community, and our team members. In order to achieve this, we will make sure that we adhere to the advised guidelines to keep you safe. As we wait for those, we have ordered additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for our offices, and we are implementing the best practice measures to date.
We will continue to provide you with more information regarding when we plan on re-opening based on any updates from our regulatory bodies, as well as what the new STO will look like. At STO Orthodontists, we believe that there is always a positive way to approach every situation, and we see nothing but hope and promise through all of this as a tremendous opportunity for growth and improvement of our teams, systems, and patient care.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. We cannot wait to show you the new and improved STO. Stay healthy and safe, we miss you all and, although we do not know how soon, we look forward to seeing you all again.
The Team at STO Orthodontists
Updated April 22, 2020
Dear STO family,
We Miss You! We hope that you are all staying safe and healthy with your families. We really miss seeing all of your smiling faces in the office and look forward to when we will be together again. We miss the relationships that make our work life so rewarding and fulfilling, and the celebration of unveiling a new smile when the appliances come off! We are finding every day that there is so much to miss, we look forward to getting back to a more normal life.
We wanted to give you an update on what is going on at STO while our clinic is temporarily closed for regular visits.
- While we are closed for regular in office appointments, we are still here for you!
We are keeping in touch with our existing patients by phone calls, texts, emails, or virtual visits to monitor our patients, answer any questions, as well as help troubleshoot any issues you may be having. We are also able to offer opinions to potential new patients during this time by virtual appointments. Please refer to this page https://www.worldofsmiles.com/virtual-appointment/for a guide on how to take photos of your teeth to email to us so we can better assist you.
- If you are in discomfort or have a broken appliance, please let us know.While we are under strict guidelines from our regulatory body on what we are able to currently treat in the office, there is a lot we can do to make you comfortable from home. Please see our website https://www.worldofsmiles.com/at-home-comfort-care/for more information.
- We do not have a set reopening date. We are awaiting information from government and regulatory bodies which will advise us when we can return to our in-office operations. If you have an upcoming appointment, we will be in touch with you. For the most recent updates, please check out our website, instagram, and facebook. We will be in touch as soon as we know when we are able to reopen.
- Please let us know how we can best work with you.We understand that there may be much uncertainty for our patient families at this time. If you have any questions or would like to review your financial arrangements, please reach out to us by email or text and our financial coordinator will gladly arrange a private phone call discussion.
- Our doctors and team remain fully committed to you during this time.You may reach us if you have any further questions:
-by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
-or replying to our office text messages
-or by phone at (416) 283-6476
Please know that we look forward to the day we are allowed to reopen our practice and care for our patients in a safe clinical environment. Thank you all for your patience in these challenging times. Thank you too for the good wishes that continue to pour in. We wish you all safety, good health, and an abundance of faith & hope for brighter times to come!