Updated September 13, 2021
Dear STO family,
As regulated health professionals, STO clinics remain OPEN for in office appointments.
The health and safety of our patients, team and community continue to be our #1 priority. We have been closely monitoring all of the most current recommendations from the regulatory bodies on how to keep our patients safe for their in office visits. Physical distancing is taken into account in order to minimize the number of people in our office at any one time, as well as person-to-person contact. Everyone entering the office must wear a mask and keep it on at all times except when receiving treatment.
Here are some examples of what to expect at your appointments:
Before your appointment:
- Patients will be seen by appointment only. Walk in appointments will not be accommodated, please call us in advance (416.283.6476) if you need us.
- To reduce paper copies (for example for health forms or financial contracts), we may use online or email forms and ask that they be returned electronically prior to your appointment if possible.
- We will be pre-screening all patients for symptoms of Covid-19. We ask that any patients who answer Yes for any of the questions below to reschedule their appointment.
Ontario Ministry of Health Patient Screening:
Q1: Did the person receive their final (or second) vaccination dose more than 14 days ago?
Q2: Does the person have any of the following symptoms? • Fever and/or chills • New onset of cough or worsening chronic cough • Shortness of breath • Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell • If adult >18 years of age: unexplained fatigue, lethargy, malaise, muscle aches (myalgias) • If child <18 years of age: nausea/vomiting, diarrhea
Q3: Has the person tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days or have they been told they should be isolating?
If answered ‘No’ to Q1, then:
Q4: Did the person travel outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
Q5: Has the person had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 without wearing appropriate PPE?
At the time of your appointment:
- Please arrive on time, between 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time
- Before you enter the office, please text us (or scan the QR code at the Town Centre entrance to message us) to let us know you have arrived. We will message you to invite you in.
- Minimize office traffic where possible. Patients can attend by themselves and will be well-cared for. Younger children can be accompanied by one caregiver but we ask that siblings without an appointment do not join.
- You will be greeted and screened at the door prior to your appointment. Sanitizer will be provided.
- Updates can be given to parents/caregivers following appointments and future appointments may be scheduled over the phone or via email rather than in person.
Changes to appointments:
- Some of our appointments can and therefore will remain virtual or by telephone in an effort to reduce the number of patients in the office. Alternatively, our doctors may recommend some appointments should be deferred until a later date.
- Administrative tasks will be done over the phone or email, where possible. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or to let us know how we can help you.
Physical changes you will notice to our space:
- We have placed plexiglass dividers at administrative desks.
- For physical distancing, we have reduced in number and spread out the chairs in the reception area.
- We have added air purification units throughout the office, in addition to the systems we already had in place.
- Our toothbrushing stations have been converted to hand washing stations. Please brush your teeth at home, prior to your appointment.
We are so grateful for each and every one of our amazing patient families. We thank you all for your support and understanding during these times. We strive to maintain our commitment to you to deliver the highest quality of orthodontic care in a friendly and welcoming environment.